As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
1. Gulf Kist Seed #ad
Sun and Moderate Shade Tolerant Lawn Seeding and Turf Patch Repair, NO Mulch, Southern Southeast US, Low Fertilizer Low Maintenance, 1 lb Coated Seeds, Centipede Grass Seed for a Dense Green Lawn #adGulf Kist Seed #ad
- Grow a lovely lawn all year: centipede grass has no true dormancy for green grass year round, unlike Zoysia Grass and Bahia Grass that become dormant and turn brown in the cooler seasons; No need to overseed with rye grass for color in mild climates.
Low maintenance: once established your centipede lawn requires less care; Feed it twice a year; Less fertilizer use than St. Augustine grass, saving time and money; Slow growing for less mowing; Tolerates moderate foot traffic.
If not satisfied with our gulfkist centipede grass seed CONTACT US so we can make it right with our manufacturer's warranty; BUY NOW for the best lawn you've ever owned.
Improved germination and survivability: coated grass seeds protect without added mulch; No sprigging required; Ideal in hot climates with steady rainfall; Tolerates sun, acidic soil with lower pH; More shade tolerant than Bermuda Grass seed. The gulfkist quality pledge: we take pride in the quality of our product.
2. Hancock Seed Company #ad
Coated, 2 lbs., Hancock's Centipede Grass Seed #adHancock Seed Company #ad
- Coated centipede seed is also easier to see after it is applied. Our coated centipede grass seed is very popular for home lawns in the Southeastern United States, including Florida, Alabama, Georgia, Mississippi, South Carolina, Georgia, Louisiana, and Arkansas.
Coated seed contains approximately 50% coating weight, or inert weight, per pound of seed. Centipede grass is also preferred for its drought tolerance and little mowing requirements.
Hancock's centipede grass is a low-maintenance, low growing, crawling lawn grass with medium leaf texture and pale green color.
Centipede lawn grass varieties require little to no chemical treatments, growing well in poor soils, full sun or partial shade with little or low maintenance or fertilization. Coated seed contains a clay-based surrounding shell that increases moisture retention and helps to reduce insect or fowl consumption. Raw seed features no fillers, coatings, or treatments.
3. Scotts #ad
3.75 lb, Scotts EZ Seed Patch and Repair Centipede Grass #adScotts #ad
- Plant when daytime temperatures are between 70°F and 90°F with no danger of frost. In 3 easy steps. Scotts ez seed patch & repair centipede Grass is a revolutionary grass seeding product designed to fill in bare spots and repair lawn damage.
Ft. Ez seed patch & repair centipede grass contains a combination of mulch, grass seed, and fertilizer to cover up to 85 sq. Scotts ez seed centipede grass seed grows in tough conditions such as scorching heat, full sun and partial shade, acidic soil and on slopes.
Ez seed patch & repair contains a combination of high performance grass seed, controlled release fertilizer, mulch that expands to surround the seed, tackifier to help keep seed from washing away and a protectant to help keep seedlings safe.
4. Patten Seed Company #ad
TifBlair Centipede Grass Seed 5 Lb. Direct from The Farm #adPatten Seed Company #ad
- It's also drought tolerant. Tolerant of extreme heat and cold; it’s a well-adapted lawn from the southern coast to the upper transition zone. It is best to purchase fresh seed closer to planting time to get the best germination rate.
For zones 11 and warmer, you can plant all year. For zones 9 and 10, you can safely plant until September 30th. Each 5 lb. Bag will cover up to 20, 000 square feet.
45 acre. A turfgrass for full sun to partial shade. For zones 8 and colder, it’s too late in the year to safely grow zenith tifblair centipede lawns from seed. Coated seed no mulch - seed is coated to improve germination. Frost will be here before we know it! We recommend you come back and buy grass seeds next year.
5. Patten Seed Company #ad
TifBlair Centipede Grass Seed 1 Lb. Direct from The Farm #adPatten Seed Company #ad
- Bag will cover up to 4, 000 square feet. For zones 8 and colder, you can safely plant until september 30th. Frost will be here before we know it! We recommend you come back and buy grass seeds next year.
Coated seed no mulch - the seed is coated to improve germination. Tolerant of extreme heat and cold; it’s a well-adapted lawn from the southern coast to the upper transition zone.
It is best to purchase fresh seed closer to planting time to get the best germination rate. Each 1 lb. For zones 11 and warmer, it’s too late in the year to safely grow Zenith TifBlair Centipede lawns from seed. A turfgrass for full sun to partial shade. For zones 9 and 10, you can plant all year. It's also drought tolerant.
6. Pennington #ad
Pennington Centipede with Mulch 5lb 100081628 #adPennington #ad
- Spreading, sun-loving, turf-producing grass with a medium texture and beautiful green color. Bio-170 natural mulch granules are 100% biodegradable and retain moisture to help promote seed germination.
Especially for sunny lawns, spreading, sun loving. Contains centipede seed plus BIO-170 natural mulch for improved spreadability and a more accurate application.
7. Tifblair Centipede Grass Seeds #ad
4000 Sq. Ft. Coverage, Centipede Grass Seeds"Tifblair Certified" 1 LB #adTifblair Centipede Grass Seeds #ad
- Drought Tolerant. Grows in full Sun or Partial Shade. Low Maintenance. Super Wrapped Coating. Excellent Coverage.
8. Scotts #ad
Scotts 18365 Turf Builder Centipede and Mulch Grass Seed 6 Pack, 5 lb #adScotts #ad
- Thrives in sandy and acidic soil. Ideal for coastal Southern regions. 99. 9% weed free. Grows a low maintenance lawn. Thrives in sandy and acidic soil.
9. Tifblair Centipede Grass Seeds #ad
Centipede Grass Seeds"Tifblair Certified" 6 LBS #adTifblair Centipede Grass Seeds #ad
- Drought Tolerant. Free Seeds. Low Maintenance. Super Wrapped Coating. Bonus bag extra 1 lb. Grows in full Sun or Partial Shade.
10. Outsidepride #ad
Drought Tolerant, Grass Seed, 1 LB, Outsidepride Centipede Warm Season, Turf, Lawn, Slow Growing #adOutsidepride #ad
- Sow centipede turf grass seed at 1/2 - 1 pound per 1, 000 square feet or 20 - 40 lbs/acre for broadcast seeding. Centipede grass is slow-growing grass but aggressive enough that it can be depended upon to produce a good, dense, relatively weed-free turf at low maintenance levels. It requires little fertilizer, coarse leaved turf grass that is used for a low maintenance, and will tolerate moderate shade if it receives at least four hours of full sun a day.
Centipede grass: a slow growing, apple-green, infrequent mowing, general purpose turf. Known by many as lazy man's grass, but it responds nicely to good care. In spite of its spreading growth habit, Centipede grass is easily controlled and usually requires edging only once a year around walks and flower beds.
It is incapable of producing as high quality turf as the bermuda and Zoysia grasses, Centipede grass seed usually produces a good turf at low fertility and with little management, but it frequently looks better than either because the "high-brow" grasses are not getting the more exacting care they need.
It requires less mowing, and it survives in mildly cold temperatures as long as there aren’t several hard freezes. Over fertilizing to obtain an unnatural dark green color reduces its cold tolerance and usually increases long-term maintenance problems. This creeping perennial is well adapted to the sandy, acidic soils of low fertility and requires low maintenance. Centipede grass spreads by stolons and has a coarse texture with short upright stems that grow to about 3-5 inches.